Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment is open to everyone, including those without a concierge membership.
Hyperbaric oxygen (HBO) therapy is a treatment in which you breathe 100 percent pure oxygen while lying inside a pressurized chamber made of clear acrylic. The air pressure inside the chamber is about two and a half times greater than the normal pressure in the atmosphere. This high-pressure dose of oxygen helps your blood carry more oxygen to your organs and tissues to promote wound healing. It also activates your white blood cells to fight infection.
Best Candidates for Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Oxygen therapy delivered in a hyperbaric chamber helps a variety of medical conditions. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy uses a special chamber to allow a person to get high levels of oxygen in his or her blood. The delivery of 100 percent oxygen under pressure stimulates the growth of new blood vessels (angiogenesis). This helps the blood to carry more oxygen to the organs and tissues in the body, which helps wounds — particularly infected wounds — to heal more readily.
The following conditions can be helped through HBOT therapy:
- Wounds and/or chronic infections
- Neuroligcal disease or acute neurologic injury
- Bone and/or skin infection
- Anti-aging effects
- Pre- and/or Post-operative preperation/recovery
- Erectile dysfunction
- Visual defects and/or deafness
- Burn injuries
- Diabetes or low blood flow
- Lyme disease (when combined with other treatments)
- Cancer (when combined with other treatments)
- Chronic Fatigue
- Musculoskeletal diseases